(1) Select a nerve root impingement (NRI) classification scheme:
• 2 types: no compression/compressed roots
• 4 types: no impingement/contact */deviation/compression**
(2) Select boundaries between classifications
(3) Select whether to include absence of NRI in the report
* “Contact” is when the root touches only one adjacent tissue. There is no limit to touch, so it is not included in the slider for selecting borders.
** “Compression” can be reported even if it does not fall within the setting range, as long as the root has touched AT LEAST two other adjacent tissues.